Rain Harvest - First Flush Diverter Advanced 100mm
First flush diverters play an essential role in protecting your rainwater quality. By isolating the first flush of contaminant-laden water from your roof, diverters keep organic and inorganic fine particles out of the rainwater you harvest so you enjoy the benefits of cleaner rainwater for your property.
Incorporating the patented First Flush Plus Tee and Advanced Release Valve, the FirstFlush Advanced gives you cleaner rainwater and more of it with less maintenance.
• Minimise the amount of suspended and dissolved organic and inorganic fine particles entering your tank
• Reduce sediment build-up in your tank and sediment load on your post-tank pumps and filtration systems
• Protect household fixtures and appliances (i.e. washing machines, toilet cisterns, etc.) by lowering sediment and tannin deposits
• Drain wet system pipes to prevent anaerobic fermentation and tannin leaching
• Diversion volume easily custom-built through use of standard pipes
• The best way to keep fine and dissolved particles out of your tank
• Automatic reset valve drains after rainfall events
• Comes in kit form for easy installation and customisation
First Flush diverters help you plan for volume by allowing you to choose your catchment volume with custom catchment size and/ or an advanced release valve.
First Flush Diverters help divert the first flush, through their design. They are installed using a T junction or high flow inlet to which the diversion chamber is fitted. As the chamber fills with the initial dirty water from your roof, a ball rises until it seals the inlet, allowing the rest of your rainwater, which is much cleaner, to flow directly to your tank.
How it works
First flush diverters are installed at each downspout that supplies water to the tank, or where the downspouts enter the tank. They utilise a dependable ball and seat system. As the water level rises in the diverter chamber, the ball floats and, once the chamber is full, the ball rests on a seat inside the diverter chamber, preventing any further water from entering. The subsequent flow of water is then automatically directed along the pipe system to the tank.
EXCLUDES CLEAR PIPE